The Touchstone Energy® name and logo design, Co-op Connections® name and tagline “The Power of Human Connections®” are federally registered trademarks and may not be used without permission.
This website features registered and nonregistered trademarks and copyright protected content. The Touchstone Energy® name, logo design and tagline, “The Power of Human Connections,” are federally registered trademarks and may not be used without permission.
In preparation of this website, we’ve strived to offer visitors current, accurate and clearly expressed information about Touchstone Energy and its programs. However, inadvertent errors can occur. Please be aware changes are made periodically to this website and may be made at any time without notice.
This website and all of its contents, including third-party content and links, are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, but not limited to merchantability, fitness or non-infringement. If you rely on any data or information found on or through this site, you do so at your own risk. (If you live in a state which does not permit disclaimers of implied warranties, this part of our disclaimer may not apply to you.) Touchstone Energy Cooperative, Inc. will not be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damages resulting from the use of this website or any linked website, even if you expressly advised us of the possibility of such damages. Hotlinks to other websites are provided solely as a convenience and do not constitute endorsement or approval of, or affiliation with, these linked websites or the organizations that provide them unless otherwise noted.
Touchstone Energy® Cooperative, Inc. is a 501(c)(6) company
Effective date: March 31, 2021
- What personal information (otherwise known as “personally identifiable information”) is collected and under what circumstances;
- Whether the collection is voluntary or involuntary;
- How that personal information is used;
- Who that personal information will be shared with and under what circumstances; and
- The ability of the user to choose how that personal information is used, how it can be reviewed and how it can be corrected.
The term “User” refers to any individual who is accessing the www.touchstoneenergy.com website.
This policy solely applies to information collected, maintained and used by Touchstone Energy® and does not apply to the collection and use practices of websites which users connect to through any website links available on www.touchstoneenergy.com, nor does it apply to any applications or advertising posted on www.touchstoneenergy.com that is provided by third parties, including, but not limited to, the Co-op Connections Program.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the website. Touchstone Energy® does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 and Touchstone Energy® does not provide services to children. Users under 13 years of age shall not provide any information on this website or through any of its features, making any purchases through the website, using any of the interactive or public comment features of this website or providing any information about themselves to us, including user name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name used. If Touchstone Energy® learns it has received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, Touchstone Energy® will delete that information. If a user believes Touchstone Energy® might have received any information from a child under 13 years of age, please contact us by email at email@example.com or write us at: (Mail) 4301 Wilson Blvd, Touchstone Energy® Cooperative, Inc., Arlington VA 22203-1860, Attention: Mary Ann Cristiano.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION:
- Web server log information – This is basic information that Touchstone Energy® collects, including IP address, type of browser or operating system, date, time, duration of access, pages visited and links visited on the website. This information is automatically collected and may be used to help Touchstone Energy® improve and maintain the availability and usefulness of the website for Users. This information is used in the aggregate for this purpose and no attempt is made to identify any specific individual.
- Cookies – Cookies are another means by which Touchstone Energy® collects similar basic information as described at 1) above on all User visits that does not identify any specific individual and that shows how individual Users utilize the website. Cookies are bits of information collected by the web server and transferred back to the User’s computer, phone, tablet or other device to enable Touchstone Energy® systems to recognize such device. Users may be able to set their browsers to alert the User of the creation of a cookie and/or a means to deny acceptance of a cookie. The Help feature on most browsers will tell users how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify users when such user receives a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Requests for programs/services/information – To the extent a User requests programs, services, or information from, or respond to surveys conducted by, Touchstone Energy® through this website, personally identifiable information such as name, telephone number, mailing address and email address may be collected. Providing this personal information is voluntary, but failure to provide the requested information may preclude delivery of the product, service or information requested.
HOW TOUCHSTONE ENERGY® MAY USE INFORMATION
Touchstone Energy® uses the personal information that it collects about Users, or that Users provide to Touchstone Energy®, to conduct our business and to provide programs, services, and information. Personal information collected may be shared with appropriate Touchstone Energy® vendors or professional service providers (which includes, but is not limited to, the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA)) as per the below. Examples of how Touchstone Energy® uses personal information includes, but is not limited to:
- To present this website and its contents;
- To respond and provide Users with programs, services, or information requested from Touchstone Energy® and its suppliers;
- To offer programs, services, or information that Users may find helpful;
- To notify Users about changes to our website or any products or services Touchstone Energy® offers;
- In connection with a sale or merger;
- In any other way Touchstone Energy® may describe when information is provided; and
- For any other lawful purpose with consent.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We do not share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Any information collected and retained by Touchstone Energy® through this website will not be released to third parties except as indicated below:
- Any information needed by a vendor or professional service provider (e.g., NRECA, a law or accounting firm) to perform services for Touchstone Energy® will be disclosed to such vendor or professional service provider. Such vendor or professional service provider will be required to observe the same privacy protections that apply to this website, and they will not be allowed to sell User information.
- Any necessary information will be disclosed to any appropriate internal or external authorities in order to 1) identify and pursue remedies against Users who attempt to damage, misuse, or otherwise interfere with the operations of this website, or 2) to otherwise protect Touchstone Energy®’s or NRECA’s legal interests.
- Touchstone Energy® may aggregate information collected on the website, such as views or clicks, and share with third parties for Touchstone Energy®’s business purposes.
- Any necessary information in connection with a sale or merger.
Touchstone Energy® has implemented commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures in order to protect personally identifiable information against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure.
As a critical part of these security measures, Touchstone Energy® monitors any and all communications and data traversing the site. That monitoring may include actual content of those communications and data as necessary.
While no information is absolutely safe in an electronic environment, by implementing commercially reasonable security, Touchstone Energy® has taken appropriate steps to secure information collected, retained and used.
REVIEW AND CORRECTION OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
Users may, upon a verified request, review and correct as needed or desired any personally identifiable information collected or retained by Touchstone Energy® by contacting: Mary Ann Cristiano at: (Mail) 4301 Wilson Blvd, Touchstone Energy® Cooperative, Inc., Arlington VA 22203-1860; (E-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time, Touchstone Energy® may revise this policy to reflect changes in the law, changes in our programs or services, changes in our practices regarding the collection and use of personal information, to reflect new features or technologies of www.touchstoneenergy.com, or otherwise in the discretion of Touchstone Energy®. Updated versions of the policy will appear on the website. Touchstone Energy® encourages all Users to review this policy periodically so that they are up to date on the most current policies and practices. The last date this policy was revised is the effective date set forth above.
Any questions about this policy may be directed Mary Ann Cristiano at: (Mail) 4301 Wilson Blvd, Touchstone Energy® Cooperative, Inc., Arlington VA 22203-1860; (E- mail) email@example.com.