Start Saving Energy Today
Saving energy is saving money and can be a fun activity to engage your friends and family. Tactics to save energy come in all shapes and sizes, including steps you can take today at no cost. Energy efficiency also increases the comfortability of your home, and makes larger projects worth the investment. In this section, you’ll find small steps and big ideas to help you save today.
Reliable Information About Energy Choices
Browse our energy savings brochures.
Click on one of the covers below to download the PDF.
Home Energy Adventure
Take the Home Energy Adventure Tour to learn about how you can save energy and money at home.
Do It Yourself
Explore more detailed projects for upgrading the energy efficiency of your home. Whether a DIY’er or working with a contractor, these documents help provide detailed guidance.
- Do it Yourself Home Energy Audit (English) (Spanish)
- Indoor Air Quality (English) (Spanish)
- Lighting Your House (English) (Spanish)
- Lowering Your Electric Bill (English) (Spanish)
- Residential Moisture Issues and Solutions (English) (Spanish)
- Taking the Vents out of Vented Crawl Spaces (English) (Spanish)
- The Innovative HVAC System with No Ducts (English) (Spanish)
Moisture problems can lead to health issues and damage your home. Learn how to stay dry all year long.
Urban legends and tall tales about energy use can have a surprising impact on your energy bills.
Looking for a quieter bathroom fan that uses less energy? It's an easy project you can do yourself. We'll show you…
Do you want food prep to be safer, faster and more efficient? Then induction cooking may be right for you.…
Here are the three most common energy-wasting mistakes, according to home energy experts. Do they sound familiar?…