Smart technology makes running a home easy and convenient, but that's not all. Check out these five smart home gadgets that can also save money.
1. Energy monitors. Energy monitors provide real-time feedback on home energy use. They can even analyze trends and make recommendations for future savings.
2. Smart thermostats. Smart thermostats heat and cool a home on a personalized schedule. Save more by controlling temperatures remotely from an app on a mobile device.
3. Smart LEDs. Color-changing smart LED bulbs are a great way to go green. The bulbs can be controlled through apps, smart speakers and switches. Some can even play music.
4. Advanced power strips. Advanced power strips shut down devices that are in standby mode. They can also make homes safer by turning off fire hazards, like irons and space heaters in case they are forgotten.
5. Smart safety detectors. Carbon monoxide, fire and flood detectors help monitor potential dangers. Insurance companies often offer policy discounts for homes with these systems.
With so many ways to save, it's easy to see why investing in smart home technology is a wise move.